Stroke and Bariatric Program Coordinator
Under the general direction of the Director of Quality Management, the Bariatric Program Coordinator is responsible for program development, managing the accreditation process and ensuring continuous compliance with MBSAQIP requirements. The Bariatric Program Coordinator:
- Coordinates patient care services provided by staff assigned to the unit.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of nursing staff with a focus on promoting clinical competence in the provision of nursing.
- Assumes responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided by the staff assigned to the unit, including the implementation of programs to improve this quality.
- Ensures adherence to standards in the Surgical Specialty Services based on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, Department of Nursing Standards, and unit standards with collaboration with the Clinical Director in unusual situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current licensure in Texas as Registered Nurse required.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school preferred.
- A minimum of three years experience in program development and/or clinical experience in a Bariatric Surgical Specialty unit preferred.
- Clinical practice with an emphasis on leadership and management experience preferred.
- Current CPR. ACLS completed within 90 days.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft programs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and computer database systems.
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Steward Health Care does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.