RN - Resource Nurse (7p-7a)
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer and Staffing Office, the Registered Nurse is responsible for professional nursing care delivered to patients experiencing acute illnesses requiring admission to Unit assigned to. The Registered Nurse supports the medical care of patients admitted to the units services under the direction of the Medical Staff pursuant to the mission and objectives of the Hospital and the department.
- Provides direct patient care.
- Provides assessment and planning for individualized patient care.
- Communicates with physicians about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies.
- Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Provides service to age range appropriate to the Unit.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Experience, Education & Skills REQUIRED:
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Previous experience in medical/surgical and telemetry nursing preferred.
- Current verification of competency in cardiopulmonary resuscitation required.
- Nursing Certification preferred.