RN Labor & Delivery FT Nights
Why work for Southwest General Hospital? Because…
- Patient safety and quality care are at the forefront of all we do!
- We care about you and your career!
- We’re not just your next job, we’re your 2nd family!
- Our work culture is second to none!
- Our Leadership team is dedicated to offering the best support for our employees!
Do we have your attention yet? Below are some highlights about our L&D department.
- Team work
- We are here to be apart of the most important day for our patients
- None Judgmental care
- Leadership that will run in to help no matter the time of day
If this aligns with your career goals, and patient care is of upmost importance to you, please read our position summary.
APPLY and join our SWG Hospital family TODAY!
Under the general supervision of Maternal-Child Director, and Assistant Director and the direct supervision of the Charge Nurse, the Registered Nurse in Labor and Delivery is responsible for the provision of safe, effective care of the childbearing patient and the newborn.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing preferred.
- Current licensure in Texas as Registered Nurse.
- Previous clinical nursing experience in Maternal Child Services environment desired.
- Current CPR certification. NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) Certification & CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) within ninety (90) Days of hire if assigned Charge Nurse.
- S.T.A.B.L.E preferred.
- Fetal monitoring completed within six (6) months from hire for experienced nurse and within eighteen (18) months for Nurse (new to the field or returning to the profession in Labor & Delivery).
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.