This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement based on medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Under the general direction of the Emergency Services Director, the Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining efficient functioning of a designated nursing unit or units on a twenty-four-hour basis. The Operations Manager:
- Coordinates patient care services provided by designated nursing unit(s).
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of nursing staff with a focus on promoting clinical competence.
- Assumes responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided by specified unit(s) including the implementation of programs to improve this quality.
- Ensures adherence standards in areas of responsibility based on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, Department of Nursing Standards, and unit standards with collaboration with the Clinical Director in unusual situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice with emphasis on leadership and management experience.
- Verification of competency in basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- ACLS, PALS, TNCC, NRP and SAMA.
- Full-time – 36 hours a week
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability. Steward Health Care does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.