Respiratory Therapist RRT
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws
Under the general supervision of the Director of Diagnostic Services, the Registered Respiratory Therapist provides cardiopulmonary services to patients in accordance with accepted cardiopulmonary practices and established Departmental and Hospital standards of care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Registered or eligible for the registry through the National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Licensed by the Texas Department of Health as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Current CPR certification required.
- ACLS within ninety (90) days from hire.
- NRP within ninety (90) days from hire only required for Respiratory Care Practitioners that work NICU
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Steward Health Care does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.