Psychiatric Services Director
The Executive Director of Psychiatric Services is
responsible for the team operations of behavioral health
units in an acute care hospital and outpatient settings,
including but limited to Psychiatric Therapies and
Transportation. Directly reports to the Chief Nursing
Officer for the overall 24-hour operations of assigned areas of responsibility. Demonstrates clear communication and accountable decision making with employees, physicians and other directors. Meet established productivity standards. Is responsible for business planning in areas of responsibility
and accountable for negotiated measureable targets including
service line development, implementation and maintenance.
- BachelorGÇÖs degree or higher in related field required. Accredited school preferred.
- Clinical practice with an emphasis on leadership and management experience preferred.
- Approximately five to seven years progressively more responsible related work experience, with two years concurrent management experience in assigned specialty area, necessary in order to gain comprehensive knowledge of the organization, operation and coordination of several patient care units, in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of patient care theories and practices, and ability to contribute to overall department administration.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to provide effective leadership, maintain a variety of internal and external contacts, and work cooperatively with a variety of hospital managers, executives and staff.
- Analytical abilities necessary in order to evaluate delivery of care systems; respond to deficiencies by identifying and implementing appropriate corrective action; develop and administer procedures and budgets; and organize and direct work of subordinates.
- COAP required within 30 days.