PRN- Speech Language Pathologist - Rehabilitation
Under the general direction of the Director of Rehabilitation, the Responsible for administration and direct application of Speech/Language Pathology treatment modalities as prescribed by a referring physician. Evaluates, plans, directs and treats all patients referred to speech/language. Completes pathology treatments to restore function and prevent disability following disease or injury i.e.Stroke, spinal cord injury, congenital deformity, amputation, brain injury, neurological disorder, hip fractures, burns, bilateral hip and knee replacements, activity polyarticular rheumatoid arthritis and seronegative arthropathies, major multiple traumas, systemic vasculidities with joint inflammation, severe or advanced osteoarthritis and other debilities. Assists patients to obtain maximum performance and function in society while learning to live a routine "normal" life within the constraints of their disability. Participates in performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Assures personal competency. Provides information related to departmental budget considerations in relationship to Speech Pathology needs for optimum patient care and service. Assists in scheduling of patient visits for speech pathology evaluation and treatment. Performs some administrative duties at the delegation of the Director of Rehabilitation Services. Participates in infection control, safety and educational programs, both in the department and on an organizational basis.
Experience, Education & Skills REQUIRED:
- Masters degree from an approved college or school of speech/language pathology.
- Current State Licensure in speech pathology (as Speech Pathologist).
- Knowledge of principals and practice of speech pathology.
- Performance of technical skills related to speech pathology.
- Knowledge of infection control, sterile technique and related impact on rehabilitative medicine practice and equipment.
- Current BLS certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled