Human Resources Director
The Director of Human Resources serves as the primary interface between Human Resources and hospital leadership. The Director of Human Resources consults and collaborates with the Hospital President, Senior Leadership Team and frontline management across the full spectrum of HR issues. The Director builds, develops and leads the entity HR team in support of both the HR and entity missions and objectives. The Director ensures an entity HR team capable of meeting the highest standards of customer service and leverages personal knowledge of HR content and best practices to assure thorough alignment of HR and entity strategy.
- Credible activist and key business ally to all entity leadership and leadership teams regarding the entity's strategic, cultural, operational talent investments.
- Advises Entity leaders on HR issues including employee relations, training, performance management, leadership development, compensation & benefits administration, talent acquisition.
- Facilitates activities and makes decisions concerning employment and employee relations.
- Conducts employee training on HR policies and programs.
- Ensures HR programs support the direction and goals of the Entity while maintaining System alignment.
- Acts as an advocate for local employees in the design of system-wide HR programs.
- Partners with Corporate HR to implement system-wide initiative and programs.
- Ensures adherence to Employee Relations philosophy and HR policies and practices to achieve alignment across the system.
- Has input to and manages the operating and capital budgets for Entity HR.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Directs and manages performance and development of assigned personnel.
- Promotes, models and oversees the mission, vision and values of Steward Health Care.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Credible Activist - Must be credible and active. Need to be trusted, admired, listened to, have a point of view and take a position.
- Operational Executor – Must ensure employee’s basic needs (being paid, hired, trained, transferred & developed) are efficiently delivered through technology, shared services and/or outsourcing. Need to adapt and implement HR policies.
- Business Partner – Must understand the organization’s business, what the revenue sources are, who the customers are and why they choose Steward for their healthcare. Need basic understanding of the functions of various corporate departments such as HRIS, finance, marketing, compliance, IT and quality.
- Talent Manager/Organizational Designer – Must have mastery of theory, research and practice in both talent management and organization design.
- Culture and Change Steward – Recognize, articulate and help shape the Entity’s culture. Need to be clear about the expectations of patients and translate these expectations into internal employee and organizational behaviors. Must help make culture happen and develop disciplines to drive changes throughout the organization.
- Strategy Architect – Must recognize business trends and their impact on the business, being able to forecast potential obstacles to success and facilitate the process of gaining strategic clarity.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree
- Experience (Type & Length): 7-10 years of broad HR experience required, labor relations & health care experience preferred. Minimum of 3-5 years of HR management experience, health care preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: PHR/SPHR preferred.
- Software/Hardware: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products