Responsible for managing the registration areas to include registration processes in the Emergency Room, Birthplace, Central Admitting, Wound Care, Pre-Admit and Outpatient Diagnostic Clinic. Director is also responsible for managing the PBX operators, Central Scheduling, Financial Counselor(s) and Pre-cert staff. Position assumes responsibility for administrative oversight, strategic planning, operational direction and ongoing performance improvement for the revenue cycle flow. Assists the Chief Financial Officer with various projects as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Business Administration.
- Required a minimum three years supervisory/management experience in a healthcare registration setting.
- Strong knowledge of Federal, State and local regulatory guidelines, A/R, Point of Service collections, and customer service.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance carrier requirement regarding patient processing.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledgeable of EXCEL, PowerPoint, spreadsheet development and 10 Key.