Under the general direction of the Chief Nurse Officer, the Director of Nursing is responsible for maintaining safe, efficient functioning of assigned nursing areas.
The Director of Nursing:
- Oversees coordination of patient care services provided by designated nursing unit(s).
- Functions as a resource person for Directors and ensures clinical competence is regularly scheduled by Nursing Directors for assigned areas.
- Assumes responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided by assigned units, including the implementation of programs to improve this quality.
- Ensures adherence standards in areas of responsibility based on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, Department of Nursing Standards, and unit standards with collaboration with the Clinical Director in unusual situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse. TX RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice with emphasis on leadership and management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required. Master’s Degree preferred
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability. Steward Health Care does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.