Under the general direction of the Director of Health Information Management,, the Coder IV is responsible for the performance of daily operations of the coding area of the Health Information Management Department. This position serves as a resource for the other members of the coding team. Coordinates activities to assure continuity of service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Technology/Management required. R
- HIA, RHIT, and/or CCS certification required or eligible to sit for any of the above exams.
- Proficiency in ICD-9/ICD-10 and CPT-4 hospital coding assignment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and pathophysiology required.
- Minimum of five (5) years previous inpatient and outpatient coding experience required in a hospital acute-care setting.
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Steward Health Care does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.