Charge Nurse RN NICU
Location: Texas Vista Medical Center
Posted Date: 10/22/2021
Under the general direction of the Clinical Director, the Charge Nurse is responsible for supervising a designated nursing unit or units. The Charge Nurse will:
- Recommends action(s) that include such areas as employment status, daily duties and/or schedules, periodic performance reviews, discipline performance improvement and separation of assigned staff.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of nursing staff with a focus on promoting clinical competence in the provision of nursing.
- Assumes responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided by the staff assigned to the unit, including the implementation of programs to improve this quality, such as core measures, clinical pathways, infection control, critical care daily benchmarks (HAPU, VAP, CLABSI).
- Ensures adherence to standards in Emergency Services based on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, Department of Nursing Standards, and unit standards with collaboration with the Clinical Director in unusual situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current licensure in Texas/Compact state as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice with emphasis on leadership and management experience.
- Current verification of competency in CPR.
- BSN preferred