Charge Nurse RN ED
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement based on medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Under the general direction of the Clinical Director, the Charge Nurse is responsible for supervising a designated nursing unit or units. The Charge Nurse will:
- Recommends action(s) that include such areas as employment status, daily duties and/or schedules, periodic performance reviews, discipline performance improvement and separation of assigned staff.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of nursing staff with a focus on promoting clinical competence in the provision of nursing.
- Assumes responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided by the staff assigned to the unit, including the implementation of programs to improve this quality, such as core measures, clinical pathways, infection control, emergency department daily benchmarks.
- Ensures adherence to standards in Emergency Services based on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, Department of Nursing Standards, and unit standards with collaboration with the Clinical Director in unusual situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice with emphasis on leadership and management experience.
- BSN preferred
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability. Steward Health Care does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.