Integrating, facilitating and coordinating patient care across the health care continuum. Ensuring delivery of cost-effective quality care within an appropriate length of stay. Managing patient care to prevent fragmentation and duplication of service. Working in collaborative practice with the physician and other members of the health care team to meet patient specific and age related patient needs, linking cost resource management and quality to patient care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. 3 years recent acute care nursing experience required. General medical /Surgical and/or Critical nursing preferred. Utilization and managed care experience desirable.
3. Licensed by the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse(Case Manager Certification preferred.)
4. Stroke Awareness Education must be completed within 6 months of hire.
5. Reference Steward Certification Grid for all required Certifications.
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Steward Health Care does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.